With aging comes the increased susceptibility to memory loss. It is estimated that 5.5 million people in the United States suffer from Alzheimer’s or dementia. According to the National Institute of Aging, the prevalence of Alzheimer’s disease doubles every five years for people age 65 and older.
However, not all memory loss is a result of one of these conditions. And while signs of memory loss can interfere with daily life, memory loss should not prevent anyone from living fully and happily.
What is Memory Care?
Memory Care is a specialized service designed for seniors who are suffering from the effects of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and/or age-related memory loss. Memory care services provide long-term assistance and care as a treatment to manage the effects of memory loss. These services help individuals go through life with greater ease, as they receive assistance from staff that understand their needs.
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care You Can Feel Good About
For their own safety, seniors suffering from memory loss should have constant supervision. Avamere at Mountain Ridge offers Memory Care for your elderly loved ones in Ogden who are struggling to manage daily life with the challenges presented by memory loss. Avamere at Mountain Ridge encourages residents to participate in activities; enhance their joy, sense of accomplishment, and satisfaction; and promotes their physical, emotional, social and spiritual well being. Mountain Ridge is uniquely suited to care for seniors with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Learn more about our resident-centered care philosophy in our Arbor Memory Care Program.
With specially designed and dedicated Alzheimer’s and Memory Care accommodations, Avamere at Mountain Ridge ensures the comfort and security of you or your loved one. Each resident room has an emergency call system that ensures help is just the touch of a button away. Our on-site resident care professionals are always there to oversee the administration of medications, as well as other basic care needs.
The staff at Avamere at Mountain Ridge are dedicated to caring for each resident as an individual. We take time to learn about your loved ones past life experiences, favorite activities and daily routine. This enables us to encourage independence, support the resident’s strengths and capabilities, and assist them with their needs in a loving and dignified manner.
- Highly trained and compassionate staff – peace of mind day & night
- Person-centered care – individualized way of life
- Focus on what the resident “Can Do” – promotes independence
- Physical, spiritual and social wellness – whole person well-being
- Individualized and large group event situations – socialization choices
- Beautiful enclosed courtyard – fresh air to clear the mind
- Well-structured outdoor exploration and purposeful outings – life beyond community living
- Choice of daily life activities – catering to personal preferences to enjoy each day
- Family socials and partnerships – continued bonding with loved one and team members.
- Restaurant-style dining – balanced & consistent quality meals
- Refreshments and snacks available – maintaining hydration & regular eating habits
- Full-time concierge – attention at all times
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry – hassle free lifestyle
- Life Journey Assessment – life achievements matter
- Community support group – continued support for you
- Effective approach to redirecting and way-finding assistance – eases frustrations
Specialized Care Program
Resident-centered care is at the cornerstone of the Arbor Memory Care Program. Caregivers, staff and the management team are specially trained to focus on the strengths of each person and to understand a resident’s preferences, accomplishments, and family ties.
With Alzheimers and other forms of dementia on the rise, finding quality care can be a challenge. Recognizing this challenge, Avamere at Mountain Ridge developed a new program designed specifically to meet the needs of residents with memory loss. Based on years of experience caring for Alzheimers and dementia residents, Avamere at Mountain Ridge’s Arbor Program partners with family members and care providers to develop a framework that supports the individual, physical, emotional and spiritual needs of memory impaired residents.
Extensively developed by a team of experts in Alzheimers and dementia care, the Arbor Program provides residents with an engaging lifestyle through compassionate care at the hands of highly trained staff. Each resident’s preferences and life story contribute to the individualized care and activities they partake in from daily activities to dining and specialized care by trained staff.
What Sets Our Program Apart
- Activities programs that enhance the lives and touch the heart of each resident
- Daily life activities that support independence
- A culture that promotes family involvement and teamwork
- Engaging the whole person through one’s life history and personalized activities
- Outdoor exploration and purposeful outings
- Complete wellness focus on each individual
- And family partnership and framework to enhance focus and understanding
The Arbor Dining Experience nurtures the mind, body and soul and is a highlight of the day. Residents are seated with dining partners to promote social interactions and meaningful connections. Meals are served restaurant-style with freshly designed menus where it’s all about choices.
Whether nine or ninety, meaningful activities promote a sense of well being, provide enjoyment, maintain functioning levels, and support independence. The daily program offers small and large group activities to appeal to each resident’s personal interests.
Taking care of those with memory loss takes a special caregiver. The Arbor Program staff is specially trained to work with residents to make their lives better by enlisting in activities and care that promote self-esteem, laughter, fun, and enjoyment of everyday life.
Caring for a family member with memory loss can be extremely difficult. When in a community that serves such residents, the tasks of caring for a loved one is shared by a number of dedicated individuals trained in Alzheimer’s and dementia. With the knowledge that a loved one is well taken care of, caregivers can enjoy more fulfilling time together.